Thread: 355 paint protection film

ferrari-spider Guest

Default 355 paint protection film

Rang this company in the middlands yesterday regarding having part my 355 front nose coverd in the stone chip protection film. The dude on the phone was the typical gobby sales man, slagging on rivals ect ect. Any way to get to brass tacks i asked how much. Dude said 575 be for VAT Any way i put the phone down laughing and gasping for breath.
    I have my nose cone sprayed twice a year so spending cash is not the problem What is the problem is the price of the job on a ferrari just for a bit of cling film
    Any way i have sourced a roll of paint protection film from a parts dealer for...............15!!!!!! Yea!! What the f**k have i got t loose If this works well thats bloody great and if not the bumper will again be resprayed in the summer. The body shop who does all my spraying (see yesterdays pictures) and in fact had them done while i was away last week,say that it will not be a problem fitting it to the front bumper and the inner lower sections of the rear bumper. I will indeed keep any one who wants to know informed on how the film lasts.
    Has any one had first hand expereance with any types of clear paint protection film?

Name
    JW

I had armourfend on one of my cars, had it gone at the paint shop straight after the front end was resprayed - was not getting any more stonechips !! Bloody good stuff, iirc cost a fair few hundred tho

Name
    Clive

I had my 355 done just after I had the front repainted.It had to be done again 'cos it started lifting and had bubbles and creases in it, and frankly looked pants!

I checked the other day and it's started lifting again, so it seems obvious that the curves may be a bit much for the film to flex around

I paid a fortune.......900 for what is a pretty crap job, and I used the firm that all the Americans were raving about on "the dark side" Ventureshield!

I wouldn't do it again, it's far too dear, and seems to be a lot of hassle

Chas, you have the right idea, spend less than the cost of a decent meal, spend some time to do as good a job as the product allows, and if it turns out to be pants.....chuck it all in the bin and put the 15 quid and the few hours work down to experience!

Good luck with it, I'd be interested to compare finished results and see how much better mine is for a mere 885 more!!!!! I bet yours looks just as good, or probably better as you'll put in the time and thought to get it as near right as is possible

Name
    Paul

sounds good option Chaa, to be honest when I bought my 360 Maranello's offered me a car with it on already and I didn't like the fact that it had a hairline across the middle of the bonnet, so i declined when they offerred it as an aftermarket purchase, I'm just on the position that a repaint every year for 250 quid would be better than a 600 quid bit of plastic, but in your case I'd go for it and try it, like you say nothing to lose really!!

Name
    Simon George

Talking

Ive just used Paintshield, a company based in Grantham. I did a bit of research and they are the only company to use 3M's new fifth generation film. It took em 4 hours to do the Murcie and it really is almost invisible..cost about 500 but very very tough stuff. Did it for a write up in next months evo. Their no is 01476 592777. Very professional company, was impressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Name
    John

Jeez if you paid 900 for Vetureshield you were done big time, the film is garbage and the 3M boys charge a lot less, as for doing it yourself on a F car good luck dude this is seriously difficult stuff to do I think maybe you will be laughing on the other side once you try this.

As for 15 for a roll of this stuff thats BS, a roll of this stuff even on the internet is about 1000 bucks for a 2 foot wide 120 foot roll.

In the US the raw material costs alone are apparrently over 200 bucks to an installer (leastways in Texas) for an F car (thats for 3m Film anyhoo) that was what they told me last time I was in there for Tints

Simon nice Alfa behind your ride, were they doing that? I know if I had a classic like that I would make sure I was using a decent crew you got any more pics of the classic (not that your murci aint cool tho)

Frankly if someone did a job that bad on my ride I would get my money back and go somewhere else theres millions of cars in the states got this stuff on and it goes round curves real well leastways if the installer has a clue seems to me like you have found abunch of wannabe installers who are pretty useless!

Thx
    Last edited by hangeron; 04-02-2006 at 03:32 PM.

ferrari-spider Guest

You know all this smells fishy to me. This smells like you are an agent for the company that you have posted a link about on the other thread ,http://www.fcars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2770 . Your profile says you are in Texas so may be the mods can check ya IP address. You have been on this site for not even an hour and ya sound like an advert for this paint sheild company If you want to become a sponser you should realy talk to our mods dude. If i am wrong then hey i am sorry. Out of interest what ferrari do you own Were did you hear about us?
    Last edited by ferrarispider; 04-02-2006 at 03:39 PM.

Name
    John

Dont own a ferrari Hence the name

And am currently over in Europe on business

Advert for Paintshield no as they dont exist in the US from what I can tell! Shucks I see things have changed in the UK since my last trip!!

Incidentally did I say buy from them or I had bought from them dont think so!
    Nor would I they could be crap for all I know ,I thought these were the same dudes as exist in the US called Paintshield and they aren't I gather (different company same name) and I was searching for stuff on the net and turned these guys up thinking they were the same damn why am I bothering!

They can check my profile in the e-mail addy last Time I looked Austin was still in Texas

as for fishy think what you like I lurk on the ferrarichat site in the US and found out about the site from there nuff said dude!
    Last edited by hangeron; 04-02-2006 at 03:44 PM.

ferrari-spider Guest

"your owned" i think they say state side
    So your not in Texas but in the UK right Hey have a good day
    Last edited by ferrarispider; 04-02-2006 at 03:46 PM.

Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarispider
    "your owned" i think they say state side
    I guess you will just have to explain that