Page 3263 of 3364 FirstFirst ... 2263276331633213325332613262326332643265327333133363 ... LastLast
Results 32,621 to 32,630 of 33632

Thread: Russ's Cafe Bar

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    In between making friends with CS owners I popped down to my local Main Dealer to see a man about a roof. While I was there saw a couple of my favourite cars:

They're lovely.

Funny, I was reading an advert for a very nice 348 on PH yesterday. Chap said he he was selling to 'upgrade' to a 360 ..... that wouldn't be an upgrade for me, an upgrade for me would be to a 328 - we all see things differently hey

Well, there's my thought of the day - now lets see if I can find a nice pub with a well manicured lawn
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by AJ3XX View Post

They're lovely.

Funny, I was reading an advert for a very nice 348 on PH yesterday. Chap said he he was selling to 'upgrade' to a 360 ..... that wouldn't be an upgrade for me, an upgrade for me would be to a 328 - we all see things differently hey
    Totally agree there.

Name
    Nos

Another net bites the dust

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375784667.320998.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  119.5 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375784680.067015.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  120.6 KB

Think it's approaching time to splash out on a pro golf driving net. These pop up driving nets you buy from a golf shop aren't really up to a decent ball speed hitting them.

Name
    Matt

And youre still going to put the replacement net in the same garage/man-cave as your Ferrari?

Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by J70 View Post
    And youre still going to put the replacement net in the same garage/man-cave as your Ferrari?
    With golf sim the ball would have to go through a screen, throungh a net, hit wall, back through net, back through screen, through carcoon and hit car. I hit the ball hard but not quite that hard. Golf sim will be for personal use - hackers that can't hit the proverbial barn door that is the screen in front of them will not be invited to use it ...........

......... but you can still come round for a beer and to watch the GP, mate

Name
    Matt

Thanks, I will.. if your rural (wet string) broadband can cope with all my GP data streams..

But as for the garage - I think you're mad. Its awesome. But you're mad none the less.

With mine I deliberately chose a garage that was big enough for the car, but not big enough (and without a rear personnel door) so that it wouldn't get used for storage and hence become a thoroughfare.
    I have also actively discouraged my children from entering it. (With a reasonable degree of success, only 33% have been, and only once)
    (Constantly playing proper music from before 1985 helps, as its melodic and tuneful unlike the shouty noise produced by nylon clad yoof the children prefer)

Your kids, are younger than mine and therefore theoretically less compliant. (that's not a dig at parenting, just experience)

Yet you're filling yours with a very nice car, long metal sticks , hard surlyn covered balls and have kids who are at an age where they will (still) want to mimic daddy and not treat him with (carefully cultured) utter disdain (like mine do) ?
    Think I'd have to go for a fully retractable kevlar wall complete with retina scan controls between golf balls and car.

Name
    Sarah

Isnt it about time the kids went back to school?

Working from home today, and then noticed 3 local kids doing laps on their bikes at the end of my road and whizzing between my car and my work rental car! Round and round they were going at top speed. The gap between the cars is less than 2ft wide, and clearly as its a dipped kerb this is why they are choosing to use this 'route'.... I have never moved so fast to put and end to that!!!!!

Go back to school please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(p.s I am against child cruelty, but I will protect my car!!!!!)

Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by J70 View Post
    Think I'd have to go for a fully retractable kevlar wall complete with retina scan controls between golf balls and car.
    I'm merely going for a double skinned metal insulated roller door and normal locked side door, but (and it's a big "but") the building is going to be on its own alarm system, they are not having the code. In fact I'm working on a rotational encrypted logarithm to generate new codes every fortnight and send them by secure fax to an undisclosed address, to then be delivered by secure courier in an overly complicated attempt to keep them out. Either that or I'll hide the key. Either of those should stay ahead of them till they're at least 9, surely?

I do hear what you're saying about golf balls and car but the indoor sim is a must if I want to keep improving and not drop back over the winter. The storage points are well made as well but when the garage is built we are also putting up a decent big shed as well as the one we already have where everything will go - and I do mean everything. I'll have one cupboard in the garage for car stuff but that should be quite big, nothing else will be in that side of the garage. Upstairs where the pool table will be there's going to be fitted cupboards down both walls and other than that nothing will be out.

The kids are getting the current garage converted for them. My wife has a study. The new garage is mine.

Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by sarahschummi View Post

(p.s I am against child cruelty, but I will protect my car!!!!!)
    Few more weeks yet, mate Regarding protecting your car, totally agree. A few weeks back my Ferrari was parked on the drive and a group of local kids started playing football in our close. I didn't tell them to stop, I just smiled and asked them to confirm their fathers would be happy to pay if they accidentally hit the Ferrari, said feel free to carry on though. They said good point and went somewhere else. Bah Humbug!

Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Either of those should stay ahead of them till they're at least 9, surely?
    'til 9 you will probably be OK. Its the quite sophisticated "knowledge sharing" that's goes on a "big school" you need to worry about. That's when their Leet Haxxoring Skillz go into overdrive. (I'd still block the alarm manufacturers website from your home network though, just in case. )

Quote Originally Posted by sarahschummi View Post
    Isnt it about time the kids went back to school?
    Friday 6th September for ours.