Page 3364 of 3364 FirstFirst ... 23642864326433143354336233633364
Results 33,631 to 33,632 of 33632

Thread: Russ's Cafe Bar

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    I bought a cheap Z3 last year. Intention is to use it as a daily in the spring/summer. I have been using it for a few weeks. Love it, however it has a few issues of which one I have just fixed. Airbag light was an advisory on the MOT which was done prior to me buying the car. I told the seller to fix it, which he did. It was lit up permanently

BMW or rather eBay sellers, sell a tool to reset it but of course only after it has been fixed. Much like the Alfa I had before the under seat connections play up.

So I bought the tool (uses OBD and a converter plug for mine) and a seat belt bypass device. Sunday I used the tool and the light cleared and only lights up when you first turn the ignition on.

The fault shown suggested there has been a voltage problem with the system. I'm guessing something (bulb perhaps) was previously removed. I guess whatever caused it to be removed/switched off will rear its ugly head at some point but for now I'm dash light free.
    Had similar on an old 5 series, long ongoing sage that one!

There is a far simpler fix to this one though...just take the bulb out! No more warning light to worry about

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    If it's the same system as the first gen BMW Minis (which I bet it probably is) if the under-seat connectors keep playing up, a 3.9ohm resistor soldered across the cable will stop the light coming on if you disconnect the plugs.

I removed the OEM seats on my Mini and replaced them with buckets, and disconnected the seat airbag plug and the seatbelt tensioner one. With the resistors fitted in place, the airbag light stays off
    I think a few marques probably had the issue. Two of the three Alfas I owned had the very same common problem. Alfa fixed it later by saying WDGAF if a passenger is in or out we will ignite the airbag on impact anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Had similar on an old 5 series, long ongoing sage that one!

There is a far simpler fix to this one though...just take the bulb out! No more warning light to worry about
    I believe that was where it started. As mentioned I picked the advisory on the MOT up, then asked him to fix it.