Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: The new shmeemobile ferrari ff

sssdu01 is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    No shortcut for Tim he's been doing it for a decade and posting daily - he is not my cup of tea but he has put the graft in. - he also goes out of his way to let kids know how much work is involved.

He is in the public entertainment business so it's kind of hard for him to do it without it being public.

He has seen the potential of a new 'thing' and is therefore reaping the rewards.

Definite role model to me:- Innovator, not breaking any rules, not hurting anyone, doing what he loves and making a living from it. What more could you teach kids?
    Problem is, many will try to emulate him and fail leaving them with nothing. Its not difficult to find loads of stuff on you tube etc with loads of wanabees who are just going nowhere........until reality kicks in or bank of dad is closed, and they have the stark reality of trying to find a real job. I find it amusing when kids are trying to be cool buy driving someone elses cars but making out it belongs to them.

In my opinion the Positive Role Models are people like Dyson those who create wealth and prosperity for themselves and others, and maintain some integrity in the process. They are the ones who show that real talent and determination will succeed.

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Or in Dyson's case that the CAP is there to be milked....

I appreciate that's not what he made his fortune doing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Problem is, many will try to emulate him and fail leaving them with nothing. Its not difficult to find loads of stuff on you tube etc with loads of wanabees who are just going nowhere........until reality kicks in or bank of dad is closed, and they have the stark reality of trying to find a real job. I find it amusing when kids are trying to be cool buy driving someone elses cars but making out it belongs to them.

In my opinion the Positive Role Models are people like Dyson those who create wealth and prosperity for themselves and others, and maintain some integrity in the process. They are the ones who show that real talent and determination will succeed.
    Agree the window for others to join the field is closed but the point is that he innovated and effectively created a whole new genre and for some a career.

Dyson as a role model made me spit my coffee out....?!??

Class snob who sold British Manufacturing jobs down the river suggesting we didn't need UK manufacturing anymore. He destroyed wealth and prosperity for his assemblymen workers who had helped build his brand and company even whilst having the largest margin in his market - that's pretty immoral in my book.

Mike01606 is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    Or in Dyson's case that the CAP is there to be milked....

I appreciate that's not what he made his fortune doing
    But he was an 'outer' so couldn't be that bothered

Mike01606 is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Class snob who sold British Manufacturing jobs down the river suggesting we didn't need UK manufacturing anymore. He destroyed wealth and prosperity for his assemblymen workers who had helped build his brand and company even whilst having the largest margin in his market - that's pretty immoral in my book.
    No different than Apple though "Designed in California"......3500 still work at Malmesbury with more investment recently announced?

Name
    Simon Dutton

Agree the window for others to join the field is closed but the point is that he innovated and effectively created a whole new genre and for some a career.

Or had to move some production abroad, as among other reasons, all the nimby's didnt want the factory to be enlarged, so he opened up a factory in the far east about 15 years ago ?? . He now employs about 3500 people in his Malmsbury factory, and a lot of these are proper engineers, (up from the 900 ish it was a few years ago, and more than making up for the 800 jobs that were lost).

He is expanding his UK base and has just purchased RAF Hullavingdon which is an old airfield so huge, and expected to become 10 times larger than his Malmesbury site, with plans to invest heavily in R&D along with new products, and generate 10 of thousands of jobs. He has also opened a university for engineers on his site.

Yes he makes heavy investments in infrastructure, people, products and technology - just the sort of thing we need to generate prosperity. If you want a role model, Give me another Dyson rather than a hundred you tube bloggers who dont actually generate any real value add, or make real jobs for real people.

I know a few engineers that work for him and they have a radically different view of his business dealings !!

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    No different than Apple though "Designed in California"......3500 still work at Malmesbury with more investment recently announced?
    He made 900 people redundant when he moved their jobs to Malaysia and yes the Posh kids' jobs stayed:- R&D design, and bean-counting of course, but the workers who had helped him build the company and the products when he was a nobody were sold down the river. He also advocated it for industry as a whole as a special advisor to government and we are still picking up the pieces in the wider economy.

It's not really the same as the apple case because apple always made abroad and didn't dump a workforce like Dyson. As you have seen Trump started to point out what that has done to the rust belt and it's a vote winner.

If you have ever been to Detroit and then looked at how marginal the total landed costs of Chinese made stuff - along with all the extra admin, management, and inventory investment for all your stuff on the high seas that you have to carry - it's clear how silly offsjoring has been for the long term.

Chinese companies do not care about your patents etc. And will rip your stuff off in a heartbeat. Now their wage inflation has kicked in its only going one way.

Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Or had to move some production abroad, as among other reasons, all the nimby's didnt want the factory to be enlarged, so he opened up a factory in the far east about 15 years ago ?? . He now employs about 3500 people in his Malmsbury factory, and a lot of these are proper engineers, (up from the 900 ish it was a few years ago, and more than making up for the 800 jobs that were lost).

He is expanding his UK base and has just purchased RAF Hullavingdon which is an old airfield so huge, and expected to become 10 times larger than his Malmesbury site, with plans to invest heavily in R&D along with new products, and generate 10 of thousands of jobs. He has also opened a university for engineers on his site.

Yes he makes heavy investments in infrastructure, people, products and technology - just the sort of thing we need to generate prosperity. If you want a role model, Give me another Dyson rather than a hundred you tube bloggers who dont actually generate any real value add, or make real jobs for real people.

I know a few engineers that work for him and they have a radically different view of his business dealings !!

completely agree with the above.

Living next to Hulavington we here a fair amount of rumour and scuttle butt. But which ever way you look at it, he is a self made man who put it all on the line and made it a huge success that it is today. In hindsight its probably a good thing that he wasn't allowed to establish his manufacturing plant, cause he wouldn't be where he is today with his R&D facilities employing high end engineers and his Uni.

Now I just want to know 1) what he will be doing in his hangers, 2) if he does actually take the helicopter to work and 3) if he does get his PA to take his Ferrari across so he has wheels during the day! "Scuttle butt"

Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    completely agree with the above.

Living next to Hulavington we here a fair amount of rumour and scuttle butt. But which ever way you look at it, he is a self made man who put it all on the line and made it a huge success that it is today. In hindsight its probably a good thing that he wasn't allowed to establish his manufacturing plant, cause he wouldn't be where he is today with his R&D facilities employing high end engineers and his Uni.

Now I just want to know 1) what he will be doing in his hangers, 2) if he does actually take the helicopter to work and 3) if he does get his PA to take his Ferrari across so he has wheels during the day! "Scuttle butt"
    I know he likes planes as he really appreciates the design and skills that go into making them. Lightning jet fighter hanging up in the staff canteen and he has an old whittle jet engine thats mounted on a trailer which is ground run.

Name
    steve

For those who love Dyson vacuum cleaners http://www.dysonforum.com/ Now back on topic https://youtu.be/f8KlhRoP5Ww

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast