Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Those hoping for a price crash...

Name
    Mike

Angry Price crash

What on earth has any of the posts got to do with a price crash?

sssdu01 is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas brown View Post
    And its not about Ferraris either ........... Reminder alert this is the Club Scuderia forum

Nosevi is online now I have no life Committee Member
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas brown View Post
    True, but no one's forced to read anything on Club Scud. Not interested - don't read it........ or at least don't read all of it when it's clear it's gone off on a tangent

I used to sometimes go on a golf forum in the States and on there moderators would delete posts they deemed to be 'O/T' ie off topic. Mention anything they thought slightly outside the boundaries of how they saw the thread and what you wrote just disappeared. In fact write anything at odds with their method of coaching or view of the game and it disappeared, argue with them and if they were proven to be mistaken the argument got 'edited' so they weren't. My profile was edited twice as well which seriously hacked me off. Anyway, I digress, point is it was a rubbish place to try be 'virtually'. Not a problem now as I'm permenently banned - I strongly 'disagreed' with how they ran the place and pointed out it wasn't, in fact, a forum.

On Club Scud people sometimes go off on a tangent (like talking about world population movement trends when we are clearly discussing the UK ). If that happens, fine as far as I'm concerned. It's no different than when you're in the pub and you end up talking about something but have no idea what lead to it. That's preferable in my eyes to everyone sticking ridgedly to the point for fear of getting reprimanded by the 'authorities' or simply having what they write edited out.

Bottom line - not interested, don't read it

p.s. If one of the guys with moderating rights thinks they're being funny by deleting this I'll have words!

p.p.s. Is there going to be a price crash or not?!?!?!

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

There won't ever be a crash. This is the new normal. There might be some deflation however, but the 30k 355 or 550 isn't coming back.

Right, stuck my neck out, let's see what happens...

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Nosevi is online now I have no life Committee Member
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    There won't ever be a crash. This is the new normal. There might be some deflation however, but the 30k 355 or 550 isn't coming back.

There's always a drop on some cars at the end of the summer from private owners who need to sell but failed to over the summer or dealers who need the cash flow and we're seeing that on some cars now. Whether it translates to a 'correction' in prices next spring or not, I don't know. I agree with the general sentiment though - I bought my car for 23,500 and I doubt we'll see those sort of prices for a while.

Name
    CPD

Agree wider trends will ensure those days are gone.

Regarding the crash I got offered a whole raft of BMW Diesels today at zero deposit and low low low monthly payments. The government announcement about the banning of diesel and petrol cars has had an immediate and massive effect.

I sought clarity on the ban and they confirmed it doesn't include Hybrids which will still be 'allowed' and that scrappage will be used to eliminate pre Euro Lev 4 'mainstream' vehicles. Your classic and collectible Ferrari's will be fine.

So more accurately the are banning solely ICE powered cars.

A 1,500hp hybrid V12 Ferrari will be fine.
    Last edited by Modificato; Today at 12:11 PM.

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post

550's were always 40k-45k for nice cars. I did see only one over the years at 30k but that was due to it being an unusual colour with all beige dash. There was also the Cat D one that was touted around for years in the trade at 26k. I did however buy a beautiful 550 at 38k only four years ago.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6