Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car transport to Itlay

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by 355Chris View Post
    Weirdly MNB can now do the date I want. Its not the cheapest quote (more than the Ä1000 quoted above; but then mine is for just one car). It looks a quality outfit and others on here have used and recommended them, so im going to book. Going to deliver to my hotel in Maranello. Im going to fly in which will be much quicker and more relaxing. Then going to spend my time in Italy with it and then have a nice drive home through some passes. Always wanted to do it and cant wait!

Ill do a little report on it when im back which might have useful info for others.

they quoted me Ä1200 for my return in Aug up form Ä1,000 previously but it's still a good way to do it

Not sure if I said before but last Sept we used them and when we arrived their facility was stuffed full of cars from the 70th celebrations inc La Ferrari, F50, Enzo, the barn find Daytona etc

Name
    355Chris

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    they quoted me Ä1200 for my return in Aug up form Ä1,000 previously but it's still a good way to do it

Not sure if I said before but last Sept we used them and when we arrived their facility was stuffed full of cars from the 70th celebrations inc La Ferrari, F50, Enzo, the barn find Daytona etc
    They look a big operation and clearly deal with some serious cars (far higher value than my 458). Trust is a high deal with +£100k cars.

When you work out train/boat, two days of driving, hotel somewhere, fuel and wear on the car I dont think it works out cheaper to drive. Plus this way i can fly in and be fresh for the holiday and then enjoy the drive home at the end. I think its great plan, we will see what its like in reality come June!

Thanks for the recommendation.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

I wouldn't say it works out cheaper, but I think transport costs often seem quite high initially until you realise what you're saving ( as mentioned). Our last trip down took three days as we weren't in a rush. That was about £250 in hotels, £250(?) in fuel, food and drink, the ferry...

Modificato is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Our Tesco points (we shop online there) actually work out enough for a Eurotunnel deal every year which is quite a saving. I think the trip down would always be my preferred option with transporting the car back and a low cost flight home. The reason is that I really really struggle with the come-down when you hit the UK and the snarled up roads, cameras and roadworks.

I went to Gaydon and back today on a job and it was just depressing the UK roads are in such a state now its beyond a joke...

Still the work was good - competitor teardown of the new NSX - so interesting day interrupted by miserable driving.

Name
    355Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Our Tesco points (we shop online there) actually work out enough for a Eurotunnel deal every year which is quite a saving. I think the trip down would always be my preferred option with transporting the car back and a low cost flight home. The reason is that I really really struggle with the come-down when you hit the UK and the snarled up roads, cameras and roadworks.

I went to Gaydon and back today on a job and it was just depressing the UK roads are in such a state now its beyond a joke...

Still the work was good - competitor teardown of the new NSX - so interesting day interrupted by miserable driving.

No struggle for me. I can ship to Harwich and be home in 20 minutes. Worse case I take train into Folkestone and still be home in 1hr 20, it will be a late arrival so roads should be quiet.

Most of the trip is booked now, just need to work out the journey from Lake Garda, through some alpine passes, to home (and where to stop on that journey). Canít wait to do it now!

Mike01606 is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

No struggle for me. I can ship to Harwich and be home in 20 minutes. Worse case I take train into Folkestone and still be home in 1hr 20, it will be a late arrival so roads should be quiet.

Most of the trip is booked now, just need to work out the journey from Lake Garda, through some alpine passes, to home (and where to stop on that journey). Canít wait to do it now!
    Enjoy the trip....
    We drove there and back last year.
    My best advice is stretch it out if you can and limit the miles to no more than 200 - 250 a day (for the fun bits) otherwise you spend too long in the car and not enough time stopping for pics, food etc
    Then once you get to Germany or France just mile munch home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    355Chris

Hi

For those who have used Mnb, what do you do regarding insurance. They are telling me today that they can only cover up to 12k euros which is nowhere near enough and I wonít do it if thatís all Iím covered for. My insurer wonít cover the transportation element of the trip.

What do you do re insurance?

Chris

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Hi

For those who have used Mnb, what do you do regarding insurance. They are telling me today that they can only cover up to 12k euros which is nowhere near enough and I wonít do it if thatís all Iím covered for. My insurer wonít cover the transportation element of the trip.

What do you do re insurance?

Chris
    Chris, my Insurer (Chubb Masterpiece) cover it in transit. Initially they said no then when I explained MNB deliver all the new Ferraris, Maseratis and Lamborghinis in Europe they agreed to cover

Name
    Sean Robinson

Then going to spend my time in Italy with it and then have a nice drive home through some passes.
    The SS12 south of Maranello is a great road. It takes you to the city of Lucca, near Pisa. You could then pick up the coastal motorway back north, which isn't a bad road as far as motorways go.

Name
    355Chris

I have to say I have been very unimpressed with MNB. Two weeks before the car was due to go they inform me that they only insure it for £12k. When I booked it i asked for insurance to £160k. This is a huge problem as at the moment my insurer is refusing to cover the transportation period.

This week MNB send me an invoice where they add another 22% to the price for tax/vat which they have never mentioned before. Taking the price to 1700 euros.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast