Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Mondial QV

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by thesmithsUK View Post
    I've heard that that the Carrs in Exeter know their way around the older machines and price competitively.
    They certainly have a good reputation; I know John (occasionally kicking about on this forum) takes his 246 & 550 there and is very happy with the service he gets.

I had a quote for my service from them and it was reasonable. (I didn't go in the end as I was trying to tie it in with a trip etc and it just never worked logistically, although there price for collection/delivery was reasonable)

Name
    GQ

I'll vouch for Carrs also. Always received excellent service at competitive rates.

Name
    John Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    They certainly have a good reputation; I know John (occasionally kicking about on this forum) takes his 246 & 550 there and is very happy with the service he gets.
    Yes, very happy.
    Best wishes, John
    Ferrari: '98 550 Maranello S/N 110995, '73 Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
    Other - see http://bluebottleonline.com/

Name
    Geoff

Well, the QV is at Carrs Ferrari in Exeter as I write: new battery, starter motor refurb, aircon compressor refurb, new receiver dryer, re-gas, sidelight fix and MOT! The car has never had an MOT advisory in its life so I hope its copy book isn't blotted under my stewardship...

Name
    Geoff

Carrs Ferrari were great. Honourable tradition of No Advisories (Ever) maintained! Phew...

Name
    Geoff

Well, a new job meant I brought the QV to London a month ago. Happily, we're currently living one street outside of the ULEZ and Congestion Charge zones!

But, one month in, and I've barely had time / impulse to use her. Too busy, professionally, and Marylebone Road just doesn't beckon in the same way as the roads of West Cornwall!

Frustrating, as I've spent a few thousand in the last couple of months at Ferrari Exeter on getting the AC compressor refurbished, new AC belts fitted, a re-gas, starter motor refurbished, new battery, etc. And she sailed through the MOT a few weeks ago with no advisories (she's never had any advisories!).

So, the lack of use, combined with the need to invest in another house shortly within (train) commuting distance, is prompting me to put her up for sale.

If you know of anyone looking for a very special QV - immaculate history and provenance, a genuine reference car, never restored or modified, looked after by Ferrari from 1984 to 1997 when John Pogson took over (until he sold her to me last year) - then drop me a message for more information.

Name:  PhotoStudio_WillBroadhead_F108-5.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  69.0 KB

Name:  PhotoStudio_WillBroadhead_F108-29.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  72.7 KB

Name:  PhotoStudio_WillBroadhead_F108-34.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  52.7 KB

Name:  PhotoStudio_WillBroadhead_F108-21.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  76.6 KB

Name:  PhotoStudio_WillBroadhead_F108-6.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  61.7 KB

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Will be a fantastic buy for someone. Bet itís a shame to see her go now youíve got her sorted but good luck with the sale.

From experience chucking an asking price on often helps drum up interest

Name
    Geoff

Looking for £45k. Given that it's probably one of the best, if not the best, QV's around.

Cool colour scheme, continuous service history from Day 1, totally original, running perfectly (including ice-cold AC!), with the Pogson set-up and provenance...

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by thesmithsUK View Post
    Looking for £45k. Given that it's probably one of the best, if not the best, QV's around.

Cool colour scheme, continuous service history from Day 1, totally original, running perfectly (including ice-cold AC!), with the Pogson set-up and provenance...
    Certainly looks like a great car. Best of luck with it

Name
    Geoff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast