Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hypercar Saturation

Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Neither do I but all that proves is that you and I are not in this part of the market - I am not sure I would be even if could afford it either. Having said that when I was homeless and living rough at 16 I never imagined I would own a ferrari let alone two and a car company...

Never say never

BTW the guy who commissioned the modern 275ís for him and his close friends has one of the Ďrealí ones too...
    I know I wouldnít be in this market even if I could afford it, mainly because Iíd drool over the real 275 and wouldnít care at all about the modern recreations, just not my thing. But as I said, their money their choice. Iím sure some people will think any Ferrari or high end car is a waste of money so we all have different opinions on these things.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Iím sure some people will think any Ferrari or high end car is a waste of money...
    Generally people who spunk a grand a year at Costa and the same to have the latest phone.

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Generally people who spunk a grand a year at Costa and the same to have the latest phone.
    It is probably time you traded yours in for one with a colour screen though

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post
    It is probably time you traded yours in for one with a colour screen though
    Iím intrigued to understand with the current trend of touch screens and ipad type displays, how are car makers going to make a distinction in quality/ perceived luxury between in whatís fitted between say a Hyundai and a Bentley? Old style gauges you could do this, in my opinion.

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Iím intrigued to understand with the current trend of touch screens and ipad type displays, how are car makers going to make a distinction in quality/ perceived luxury between in whatís fitted between say a Hyundai and a Bentley? Old style gauges you could do this, in my opinion.
    Do you think the same question will begin to be asked about performance? Thereís a point at which pretty much any manufacturer can put out a car with more power than can be laid down. 0-60 times And top speeds of high performance cars have not changed all that noticeably since the F40 but what has changed is that back then a small handful of cars could hit 60 in about 3 seconds and go on to 200 mph. Now pretty much any manufacturer can do that if they want to.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Iím intrigued to understand with the current trend of touch screens and ipad type displays.
    I don't mind the touch screens, although they won't seem such a good idea as they'll be obsolete almost immediately. What happens when they go pop, which they will.
    The afterthought stick on iPad type thing I really don't get. I borrowed a Mercedes a couple of years ago and that was the first one I'd seen. I spent the first few minutes trying to pull it off the dash before I realised it was actually fixed on. It's a poor look, utter rubbish.

Name
    Andy Chadwick

I don't mind the touch screens, although they won't seem such a good idea as they'll be obsolete almost immediately. What happens when they go pop, which they will.
    The afterthought stick on iPad type thing I really don't get. I borrowed a Mercedes a couple of years ago and that was the first one I'd seen. I spent the first few minutes trying to pull it off the dash before I realised it was actually fixed on. It's a poor look, utter rubbish.
    Ohh, Iíve just bought one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Do you think the same question will begin to be asked about performance? Thereís a point at which pretty much any manufacturer can put out a car with more power than can be laid down. 0-60 times And top speeds of high performance cars have not changed all that noticeably since the F40 but what has changed is that back then a small handful of cars could hit 60 in about 3 seconds and go on to 200 mph. Now pretty much any manufacturer can do that if they want to.
    From my perspective its been irrelevant for some time now. When I was a kid, everybody knew the car with the highest top speed and acceleration...wouldn't have a clue these days! For me its more about the feel of the car. Not the same as super cars but the Z4 3.0si I had is suppose to be faster accelerating than my 348. So what...! I hated that Z4, felt slow, cumbersome, tracked like a train and had the harshest suspension I've ever experienced next to a tractor!

I like to buy my daily drives about a year old and drive them till they die! I don't think the current crop of touch screen cars will support that approach; where am I going to get a replacement touch screen for any car in 7-10 years time? But then the car companies want you turning over onto the next model/finance package every 3 years!

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Ohh, Iíve just bought one of those.

Mercedes Swindon? I wonder if I'm allowed back They tried to stiff me on the cost of a service. Ended with a "conversation" with the boss there with me offering to sue him and let a judge decide who was right. A few people certainly walked out of the showroom during that conversation

Name
    Andy Chadwick

From my perspective its been irrelevant for some time now. When I was a kid, everybody knew the car with the highest top speed and acceleration...wouldn't have a clue these days! For me its more about the feel of the car. Not the same as super cars but the Z4 3.0si I had is suppose to be faster accelerating than my 348. So what...! I hated that Z4, felt slow, cumbersome, tracked like a train and had the harshest suspension I've ever experienced next to a tractor!

I like to buy my daily drives about a year old and drive them till they die! I don't think the current crop of touch screen cars will support that approach; where am I going to get a replacement touch screen for any car in 7-10 years time? But then the car companies want you turning over onto the next model/finance package every 3 years!

Mercedes Swindon? I wonder if I'm allowed back They tried to stiff me on the cost of a service. Ended with a "conversation" with the boss there with me offering to sue him and let a judge decide who was right. A few people certainly walked out of the showroom during that conversation
    Wonít using their service department then

As for the stick on iPad. If that goes then at least I can still drive the car. Unlike the 8 year old mini which needs a timing chain after 97k and the job costs more than the car is worth. Thatís after the £1.2k job to replace the DMF after 85k. So forget the gadgets. Just give me an engine that will last

Name
    Pete

Completely agree with the above

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234