Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Clay bar a 76 fibreglass?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Name
    Stephen K
    Posts
    125

    Default Clay bar a 76 fibreglass?

    Is it ok to clay bar my new 76 308 fibreglass. Since ihave to park it up for 3 months I thought i would Zymol it.... and i was wondering do i treat it different to a steel car??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sarf East
    Name
    Rob
    Posts
    723

    Default

    don't think so, it's treatment of the paint, not the material it's bonded upon. . . .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North Herts/South Beds
    Name
    Clive
    Posts
    4,557

    Default

    Give Dave (Sportscar Protection)a call, he'll give you loads of advice, his mobile number's on his website at the top of this page!

    You can spend 5 minutes telling him about your new 308, and he'll spend 2 1/2 hours telling you about his!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Name
    Stephen K
    Posts
    125

    Default


  5. #5
    sweeni's Avatar
    sweeni is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birkenshaw West Yorkshire
    Name
    David Todd
    Posts
    3,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snape
    Is it ok to clay bar my new 76 308 fibreglass. Since ihave to park it up for 3 months I thought i would Zymol it.... and i was wondering do i treat it different to a steel car??
    I did mine, looks fabulous.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Name
    Stephen K
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Any particular wax used Sweeni? Does the fibreglass car have different paint to the steel ones?
    Cheers.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in someone elses garage
    Name
    Dave
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snape
    Is it ok to clay bar my new 76 308 fibreglass. Since ihave to park it up for 3 months I thought i would Zymol it.... and i was wondering do i treat it different to a steel car??
    Yes , you're fine to clay bar it, give me a bell on 07970 713062 and I'll run through it with you,

    Cheers
    Dave

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in someone elses garage
    Name
    Dave
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spidermanUK
    Give Dave (Sportscar Protection)a call, he'll give you loads of advice, his mobile number's on his website at the top of this page!

    You can spend 5 minutes telling him about your new 308, and he'll spend 2 1/2 hours telling you about his!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Name
    Stephen K
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Cool, ill give you a shout when Im about to begin...

  10. #10
    sweeni's Avatar
    sweeni is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birkenshaw West Yorkshire
    Name
    David Todd
    Posts
    3,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snape
    Any particular wax used Sweeni? Does the fibreglass car have different paint to the steel ones?
    Cheers.
    The paint is the same as far as I know, however mine has had a full respray at some time in any case. I understand that clay bars can be used on any finish, incl decals - I did my wifes new mini which has the Union Jack roof decals. Looks great after a rain shower.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •