Thread: Anti-roll bar refub: GT4

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Default Anti-roll bar refub: GT4

Been out with the paint again after a reasonable result tidying up the exhaust. Had a go at the anti-roll bar which was not pretty.

Used Japlac Enamel Black. Nice finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Looking good under there Richard...

I`m going to scrape all the old, cracked underseal off mine over the winter and reseal it with Dinotrol.Probably chuck some paint under there as well,you`ve inspired me too get on with it...
    4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

sletti is offline It's basically an old car with a stripe - The Ferrari Challenge Stradale Club Member
    Name
    Stig

You are on a roll there, M#2! Next stop; garage queen.
    S t i g (as in "a Stig"; not "the Stig")
    Please sponsor me on the Palace to palace bike ride in order to raise money for the Princes Trust.

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Is there a conker comp at the Wicksteed meet?....

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

Nice job.

Did you take the roll bar off and do it?

How hard was it to remove the rust?

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    Nice job.

Did you take the roll bar off and do it?

How hard was it to remove the rust?
    Thanks boys.

No Sy, didn't take the bar off (wasn't sure if under tension and if I'd get it back on ok). Reversed it up onto ramps, medium paper to get back to metal, not hard to do. Hammerite grey primer, 1200 w&d to flat the primer, Japlac Enamel (from B&Q), small flat artist's brush cut down to 5'' for easy access, touch dry in 4 or so hours.

Have to do everything else now.... Starting at the top of engine bay and working down to wishbones.... most likely use Hammerite Smooth, no need for enamel.

Name
    Ade

Richard,hammerite is very brittle and chips easy.

Have a look at the paint at frosts.

http://www.frost.co.uk/productList.a...D=24&frostCat=

Name
    Richard

I will, thanks Ade. You have experience of their chassis gloss black.... does it go on well? I don't want to strip off good good underseal that hasn't broken through...... so I'm de-greasing, rubbing down where nessessary and re-painting. Still the right product?

Hud is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Rob

Great job Richard Looks like new.

Name
    Ade

Quote Originally Posted by rmdferrari
    I will, thanks Ade. You have experience of their chassis gloss black.... does it go on well? I don't want to strip off good good underseal that hasn't broken through...... so I'm de-greasing, rubbing down where nessessary and re-painting. Still the right product?
    Mr Wilcox is probably the best person to ask,he`s used to dealing with rusty old cars like ours....

If your not stripping everything off then get the non spray on stuff,i used it on my Vitesse and it looked good.

For the parts i`m doing over winter i got some POR 15 Blackcote.available from Frosts,i will spray the parts with POR 15 metal ready first though.It reads well on the tin but i have not used it before,i`ll let you know how good or bad it when i`ve used it.